The race goes through routes in Courmayeur, Pré-Saint-Didier and La Thuile for a total lenght of about 105km and an altitude range of 6600mt, mainly going along Val Veny and Val Ferret.
Start and finishing lines in Courmayeur. About 75km and 5000mt of altitude range from the start, the race goes through Dolonne; there runners can stop in a refreshment point and have an hot meal. Runners must complete the route in 30 hours. The race is technical, due to the high altitude range but the routes itdevelopes on are not particularly tricky. Passages on sealed roads are reduced to the minimum possibile: the race will use them just around town where it crosses public streets.
- New crossing between Colle di Youlaz and Col Chavanne
- Descent from Col de la Seigne to Rifugio Elisabetta and Lago Combal, going through Calcaires Pyramides
- Transitat the bottom of the peek of Mont Chetif from Pré de Pascal (equipped and panoramic route above Courmayeur)
- Balcony in Val Ferret between Refuge Bertone and Refuge Bonatti
- Panoramic wiew on Courmayeur from La Suche
Along the race runners will find refreshment points, water points and first aid points.
In Courmayeur there will be a refreshment point with hot meal served.
The dislocation of the differents points has been studied in order to insure appropriate assistance to runners, but the idea of semi- self-sufficiency trail running persists: every runner has to carry a food reserve, water and emergency equipment during the whole race in order not to incurr in disqualification.
ITRA POINTS: 5